Every year students at Worth take part in a wide variety of trips, exchanges and visits. There are many educational day trips during the school term, ranging from visits to museums and galleries to attendance at academic lectures, concerts, theatres and educational centres. These are listed in the Diary of Events. A number of trips also take part during the holidays and involve overseas travel.
During ACE Week in July 2017, there were five overseas trips for students to various destinations in Europe where they visited historic sites and sampled different cultures. The trips included a Year 12 trip to Rome; two Year 10 trips – to Salamanca in the north-west of Spain and to Paris; a Year 8 trip to Normandy and a Year 7 PGL trip, which included a visit to the Vimy Ridge war memorial site.
Find out more about some of our regular trips by clicking the links where shown:
- Junior Exchange to Aurillac (annual exchange for Year 8)
- Senior Exchange to Aurillac
- Spanish trip to Salamanca (Sixth Form)
- German Exchange to Lahnstein (Year 10)
- Trip to Cologne (Sixth Form), Paris trip (Year 10)
- First World War Battlefields (Year 9)
- Geography Trip to Iceland
- Theory of Knowledge trip (annual trip to Rome or Paris for Year 12 IB students)
- Skiing trip, December
- Choir Tour to North Carolina in December 2012
- Pilgrimage to Lourdes with the Order of Malta Volunteers
- Pilgrimage to the Taizé community in France